An Essential Guide to New Cleaning and Safety Protocols
Ensuring a clean and safe space around us is more important now than ever before. In preparation for when the world is ready to travel again, Curtain Bluff is working hard to make sure guests can depend on a safe, healthy, and clean stay once the resort reopens October 24, 2020. We take this new challenge very seriously, and we will be diligent in our actions to protect the health and well-being of our guests, employees, and community.
Our team has developed initial guidelines based on recommendations of the CDC, the World Health Organization, and local Antiguan regulations and guidance. We remain focused on the needs of our guests and colleagues as they navigate the new environment. We will work enthusiastically to help on-property teams to consistently deliver these elevated cleanliness standards, always with a Curtain Bluff smile.
Special events and wedding-specific precautions are under development as the future of group gatherings continue to be evaluated. Additional information can be provided separately closer to our opening date.
Property-wide safety and cleaning protocols Include:
- Housekeeping will institute enhanced sanitization protocols for arriving rooms
- Physical distancing will be enforced for all public areas
- All staff will be required to wear masks and face shields
- An intranet will be implemented to allow guests to access the menu, guest services, spa and report any room requests, including maintenance issues
- Buffets will be removed from the restaurant and al la carte experiences will be enhanced
- Press Reader for digital content (magazines and newspapers) versus in-room publications
- High touch surfaces such as the lobby and other public areas will be disinfected frequently
- Reservation and sanitization procedures will be in place for all water sports equipment
- Kids Club reservations will be scheduled to allow for cleaning and sanitization between sessions
- Spa therapists will wear face masks, wash hands in front of guests and be prepared to use gloves on request. Ask about latex allergies; have other glove types available.
- Comprehensive safety, health and hygiene training for all staff is mandatory prior to opening and will be on-going based on CDC, WHO and local Antiguan regulations and guidance
- On-call doctor available to guests at a fee