5 things to pack for your Curtain Bluff vacation
22nd September 2016
Here’s a helpful list of things to pack for your vacation at Curtain Bluff, Antigua
- Sunscreen. Don’t leave home without a bottle of sunblock with at least an SPF of 15. The Caribbean sun is heavenly, but for most people, even limited skin exposure is not wise without the protective barrier on your skin. Banana boat and Hawaiian Tropic provide a range of sunblock and tanning lotions as well as lip balm and kiddies sunblock for the entire family.
- Sunglasses. If you wear prescription lenses, be sure to grab a pair of UV sunglasses from the nearest store. Studies have shown that sunbathing without protecting your eyes from the sun is a damaging practice. There’s no need to splurge on an expensive pair – you may lose them in the water, or forget them when you’re packing up – so be sensible with your choices, but have a bit of fun as well. Grab that funky pair you’ve been eyeing, and have a bit of fun on your vacation.
- Swimsuit. Only one beach on Antigua is a nude beach, and topless sunbathing is better left for your trip to San Tropez. At a family resort, stylish, yet sensible swimwear is a safe bet. Mara Hoffman offers some fun kaftans and beach coverups to wear when you’re grabbing a bite at the beach restaurant after your swim.
- Sandals. Here’s another must have in your suitcase that can be as pricey or as inexpensive as you’d like – Havaianas, Ipanema, Birkenstock, and Tory Burch are hugely popular with the stylish ladies who vacation here, so any of those will fit right in with the new friends you’ll make while sipping on a pina colada.
- Sundress. Most days are a balmy 80 degrees, so an easy sundress will carry you through your week in resort. There are lots to choose from – crochet, embroidered, linen, cotton, maxidress, kaftans, tunics, hoodies, gowns- sundresses run the sartorial gamut. A typical Curtain Bluff day can have you eating eggs benedict at 7 am and end with you dancing under the stars at 11 pm. The resort is elegant, yet unpretentious, and your outfits can be as well.
If you forget to pack anything, our gift shop has several affordable yet stylish options – so you’re completely covered.
See you soon, and stay tuned for more tips from us by following our Facebook and Instagram pages.